PROMINENCE is a platform which allows users to exploit idle cloud resources for running scientific workloads with a simple batch system style interface.
- Users are no longer tied to a login node: jobs can be submitted from anywhere using any OS and any language.
- All jobs are run in containers to ensure they will can run reliably anywhere and are reproducible.
- Run multi-node MPI jobs in addition to HTC jobs.
- On-premises resources can be utilised with the ability to burst onto external clouds at times of peak demand.
- Go beyond bursting onto a single external cloud with hierarchical cloud bursting. For example, burst onto national research clouds before bursting onto public clouds.
- All infrastructure provisioning is handled completely automatically and is totally transparent to the user.
- Clouds are selected automatically based on job requirements and preferences, and any failures are handled automatically.
- Output data can be accessed from cloud-based object storage.
Command line interface